The DZF: A forum for the dialogue
>> My father says that everybody must love their country. My country is divided in two halves. Which of the halves am I to love? <<
The German-Cypriot Forum (DZF) wants to support the rapprochement process between Turkish Cypriots and Greek Cypriots and to contribute with its work to a peaceful solution of the Cyprus conflict. To this end, the Forum:
- supports confidence-building measures within the scope of a multicultural development,
- enables contacts and meetings of Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots,
- offers a forum for exchanging views and ideas,
- strengthens those forces in the civil society of Cyprus, which are involved in bi-communal co-operation in the interest of long-lasting peace,
- gathers all forces at home and abroad, which support the rapprochement between Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots and a peaceful solution of the Cyprus conflict,
- informs in Germany about Cyprus.
In the view of the DZF, the future of Cyprus lies
- in the peaceful solution of the Cyprus conflict,
- in the establishment of a federal bi-zonal state and
- in the EU membership of Cyprus as a whole.
The DZF is seeking the dialogue with all democratic political parties and organisations in Germany, in the two parts of Cyprus and at the European level. The DZF would be glad to receive the assistance and support of all those who are keen to advance the peace process on the Mediterranean island, and to share the joyful anticipation of a joint future for its inhabitants.
In order to promote the process of rapprochement of the communities and to create a climate suited for a political solution, the DZF has proposed a catalogue of confidence-building measures.